To progress in the University of Dubuque Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program, a student must:
- Pass each required course/rotation with a grade of ‘C’ (77%) or higher and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Pass summative examinations (written, practical, oral, simulation and Objective Structured Clinical Examinations, or OSCEs) and presentations in the didactic and clinical phases
- Submit, with faculty endorsement, a signature paper/Capstone project
- Comply with program "Code of Conduct" and "Code of Academic Integrity" (found in UD MPAS Student Handbook)
- Complete the Program’s Physician Assistant Board Review course
There may be the need for remediation to address and correct deficiencies in a student’s knowledge, skills and/or professional behavior. Please refer to the UD MPAS Student Handbook for specifics.
Each student’s records are reviewed by his/her academic advisor to ensure satisfactory performance prior to progression from the didactic phase to the clinical phase of the program, and again prior to recommending students for graduation. Graduation is required for students to be eligible to take the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE).