DeAndre Bovan ('06)
Track & Field
DeAndre Bovan, of Arlington, Texas, participated in track and field from 2001 to 2005. One of his career highlights was placing third at NCAA Division III National Indoor Track and Field Championships in the triple jump in 2004. Bovan said he will never forget caring nature of the “Team Mom.”
Bovan won seven Iowa Conference individual championships in the triple jump and still holds the indoor and outdoor record at the IIAC Championships. He is one of only four Spartans to win four straight IIAC titles in a single event (Outdoor Triple Jump - 2002-05). He holds the UD record in the Triple Jump (Indoors/Outdoors) and 60m Hurdles (Indoors).
Bovan is a manager of Xcel Xpress, a logistics company in Arlington. He plays semi-pro football for the Arlington Bulldogs as a running back. Bovan and his fiancé, Britannica, will marry in July 2017.
- 3-time NCAA All-American indoors in triple jump (2003-4th place, 2004-3rd place, 2005-5th place)
- 3-time NCAA All-American outdoors in triple jump (2002-6th place, 2004-6th place, 2005-4th place)
- 3-time IIAC triple jump champion indoors (2003, 2004, 2005)
- 4-time IIAC triple jump champion outdoors (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
- IIAC Championships Record Holder in triple jump indoors (14.60m, 47’ - 11.0”)
- IIAC Championships Record Holder in triple jump outdoors (14.72m, 48’ - 3.5”)
- School Record Holder in triple jump indoors (48’ - 4.5”, 2005)
- School Record Holder in triple jump outdoors (49’ - 2.5”, 2003)