Game Day Tailgating
- All campus lots open three (3) hours prior to start of the game.
(i.e. - 10:00 a.m. for 1:00 p.m. kick-off / 3:00 p.m. for 6:00 p.m. kick-off
- Use one space per car when tailgating. Please maintain the aisles for emergency vehicle traffic.
- Alcohol is prohibited on campus property. Violators will be asked to leave the premises. Intoxicated spectators will not be allowed admission to the game.
- Deep fryer use is prohibited on University property. Charcoal or gas grills only. The maximum propane cylinder size is 20 lbs.
- Smoking is prohibited on campus property by Iowa State law.
- All bags and backpacks are subject to search prior to entry to the game.
- The North Finley lot will be designated for the Visiting team's fans - located off of McCormick Street and Finley Street.
- Lots will close 60 minutes after the game.
When planning your tailgate, please note the following are NOT permitted:
- Alcohol of any kind (bottles, cans, kegs, plastic cups)
- Deep fryers
- Open flames (i.e. fire pits)
- Propane cylinders larger than 20 lbs.
- Campus Security: 563.589.3333
- Medical Coordinator, Deb Runkle: 563.589.3244 or 563.580.6889
- Emergency: 9-1-1