Home Base Iowa
The University of Dubuque Home Base Iowa Initiative Package
The University of Dubuque is proud to offer the following assistance, education benefits, and veterans programs to all active duty military, veterans, and their families.
- A retired veteran is on-site providing all student veterans one-on-one assistance to ensure they are receiving all entitled benefits.
- Serving our student veterans with one of the largest Veteran Centers in the region (study rooms, computers, WIFI, media hub, gaming systems, big screen television, cable networks, lounge, and kitchen).
- **The University of Dubuque does participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. As of the 2017-18 school year, the university has contributed nearly $30,000 (one of the highest in the area) towards tuition and fees as part of the Yellow Ribbon program. The Veterans Administration matches that amount for a total of up to $60,000 towards tuition.
- Waive the college application fee for veterans relocated to the area.
- DoDDS Partnership and MCEI Grant (Military Child Education Initiative).
- ROTC Service Scholarship (Contracted Cadets).
- Robust and flourishing Army ROTC detachment (offering numerous ROTC federal scholarships, book stipend and monthly living stipend to contracted Cadets).
- Offers a reduced rate for LIFE (Accelerated Adult Learning Program) Federal Tuition Assistance rate.
- UD has a nationally recognized Aviation Program. Envoy Air has partnered with the University of Dubuque to develop a career path from student to regional airline pilot.
- Credit for military service through Veterans Joint Service Transcript (JST).
- Acceptance of CLEP/DANTES exams for college credit.
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (Chapter 30).
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606).
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33). **
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35).
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607).
- Vocational Rehabilitation - Veterans with Disabilities (Chapter 31).
- Iowa ARNG National Guard Education Assistance Program (NGEAP).
- Student veteran centric tutoring services.
- Student veteran career services.
Other Military/Veteran Supportive Affiliations
- Home Base Iowa Employer and Education Partner.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Employer signatory.
- ESGR Department of Defense (DOD) Freedom Award nominee.
- Vietnam Veteran Commemoration Partner.
This applies to veterans that have qualifying 36 month/ 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill® eligibility.
For more information about the University of Dubuque veterans programs contact Rick Ernst at 563.589.3366 or email@example.com