The Wendt Character Initiative's theme for 2018-2019 is Boundless Compassion. Check out our Fall 2018 Newsletter for a look at what's been happening.
- Wendt Characer Scholars Kickoff Picnic
- Fall Wendt books: The Beauty of Discomfort by Amanda Lang and The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
- September 26: National Character Day
- October 15: Wendt Character Lecture – Claude Chester
- October 29: "Philosophical Prescriptions for Dealing with Anxiety, Despression, and Other Life Challenges," Gordon Marino
- October 30: "Miracle of Innocence," Darryl Burton
- November 12: "Within Every Woman," Tiffany Hsiung
- November 12-16: Gratitude Week: Wendt Character Scholars will be engaged in activities across campus and the community. Other departments/programs are encouraged to find ways to celebrate with their own students.
- December 1: Wendt Character Scholars program applications open
- January 31: Wendt Character Scholars program applications close
- March 4: The Giver (Open to the public, tickets available through University of Dubuque Heritage Center)
- March 25: Wendt Character Lecture – Sarah Thebarge (open to the public, no tickets needed)
- Wendt Tea: Faculty Grant reports
- Sparty Athletic Awards, Wendt Character Athlete of the Year and for each sport