The Wendt Character Initiative's theme for 2016-2017 is Fearless Integrity. What is fearless integrity and how have others practiced it? How do we practice fearless integrity in our own lives?
This fall, we will consider character and integrity through a number of lenses: what the Bible teaches us about character and integrity, integrity in civil discourse, and truth telling. This spring, we will turn our focus to fearless integrity and its relations to stewardship.
See below for more details on what is coming up for us this fall.
Fall 2016 Events
- Wendt Characer Scholars Kickoff Picnic
- Character and Service in Dubuque – Josh Jasper and Sharon Boer of Resources Unite
- Character Matters – Wade Salem
- September 22: National Character Day
- Biblical Foundations of Character – Dr. Roger Ebertz, UD Philosophy and Religion Department Head and Professor
- Truth telling
- Integrity and Civil Discourse
- October 17, 6:00 p.m., MTAC 146, Courageous Compassion and the Other - the 2015-16 Wendt Character Initiative Journal Research Team presents on the latest journal issue of Character and . . .
- October 24, 7:00 p.m., Butler Hall, Heritage Center: Wendt Character Lecture: Fearless Integrity – Father Greg Boyle
- November 14-18: Gratitude Week - Wendt Character Scholars will be engaged in activities across campus and the community. Other departments/programs are encouraged to find ways to celebrate with their own students.
- Wendt Character Scholars Christmas Banquet
Spring 2017 Events
- Wendt Character Scholars Spring Kickoff
- What is Stewardship? – Dr. Beth McCaw
- Rebound: The Chris Herren Story
- Integrity and Stewardship of Social Media
- Character and . . . Screen Life
- Integrity and Stewardship of Body
- March 27, 2017, 7:00 p.m., Butler Hall Heritage Center: Wendt Character Lecture – Quentin Schultze
- Integrity and Financial Stewardship
- Wendt Character Scholars Spring Banquet