In class and community, the Wendt Character Initiative invites the UD community to explore issues of moral character. We want to grow in our understanding of character issues so that we can be excellent people, serving our communities well as God’s children.
In addition to the Wendt Character Scholars and the Wendt Character Lecture series, the Wendt Character Initiative provides multiple resources to promote character, including:
- Academic integrity, character, and ethics resources
- Character grants for faculty
- An online character journal, Character and . . .
- Newsletters promoting the Initiative
- The Wendt Library Collection
By providing these resources to UD's faculty, staff, and students, the Initiative helps fulfill its mission to "engage the university community in a cooperative and spirited effort to foster intellectual understanding of and personal commitment to leading lives of purpose and excellent moral character."