Academic Success Center - TRiO/Student Support Services
The mission of the University of Dubuque Student Support Services (SSS) program is to foster the academic success of participants. A crucial aspect of the program mission is to empower students to achieve success through professional and peer-tutoring support as well as academic advising. The program will offer seminars and workshops throughout the year to help students develop the skills necessary for overall success.
- Intensive program of academic support and tutoring. The grant funds both peer and professional tutoring services for SSS participants. All services will be coordinated through the Academic Success Center.
- Supplemental advising and mentoring (one-on-one meetings and individualized support)
- Scholarship opportunity offered each semester
- Informational workshops (study skills, money management, library research, etc.)
- Financial resource information and assistance
- Lending library for textbooks, calculators, laptops, and Kindles
- Graduate and professional school exploration and preparation
Participants must be University of Dubuque students who are US citizens or permanent residents and meet one of the following criteria:
- Low income as determined by federal guidelines
- First generation college student (neither parent has received a Bachelors Degree)
- Have a documented disability
Students enrolled in UD's SSS program must attend the ASC for tutoring and academic support services for a minimum of two hours each week. Students should also meet with the Academic Advisor at least once or twice each semester to discuss academic progress, student needs, and to develop a schedule for the upcoming semester.
To apply for the SSS program at the University of Dubuque, please complete the attached application and return it to the Academic Success Center.
Scholarship Opportunities for Fall 2014:
The following link contains a list of scholarship opportunities. Please be aware of individual scholarship deadlines. If you have any questions contact Kathy Luksetich at 563-589-3597.