LIFE-Learning Institute for Fulfillment and Engagement
The University of Dubuque designed the Learning Institute for Fulfillment and Engagement specifically for adult learners. LIFE's accelerated degree programs and services---available during the hours you need them---help you balance your family life, your career, and your studies.
The LIFE Advantage
Learn about the program requirements, admissions, transfer credits, financial planning and much more.
The University of Dubuque has designed the programs of the Learning Institute for Fulfillment and Engagement specifically for adult learners who are at least age 23 years of age and who have three or more years of work experience. LIFE's accelerated, evening bachelor's degree programs and services - available during the hours you need them - help you balance your studies, your career, and your family life. Our flexible format allows you to begin classes when you choose.
Majors available in the Life program include:
- General Business
- Human Resource Management
Health Care Leadership Administration
Why a LIFE accelerated adult bachelor's degree matters:
- a bachelor's degree can be earned in as few as three years;
- our focus is student-centered instruction in small classes with other adult learners;
- classes are offered on weekday evenings or online;
- classes meet once per week for 3 hours;
- nine sessions are offered year round - you can start anytime;
- online options are offered in conjunction with face-to-face coursework;
- childcare, tutoring, and recreational opportunities are available;
- personalized academic advising is provided for the duration of your enrollment;
- tutoring available through the Academic Success Center
Take charge of your LIFE!
Our changing world needs people who can see horizons open up before them, who seize opportunities, and who believe that the privilege of education comes with the responsibility to make a difference. We believe LIFE can do this for you.
Isn't it time for a change? Call or email Lee Noethe at 563-589-3939, email mailto:email@example.com or stop by the Admission Office in Myers Center to find out more about how you can enroll in LIFE.
LIFE-Session Start Dates for 2013-2014
Fall Semester Start Dates:
- August 19 to September 23
- September 30 to October 31
- November 4 to December 12
Spring Semester Start Dates:
- January 6 to February 6
- February 10 to March 13
- March 24 to April 23
- April 28 to May 29
Summer Semester Start Dates:
- June 2 to July 2
- July 9 to August 8
- Courses are offered on weekday evenings, Monday through Thursday from 6-9.
- Classes meet once per week for 3 hours.
- You take one course per session, with 9 sessions offered year round.
- Earn up to 27 credits per year with face-to-face classes
- Online courses available in conjunction with face-to-face classes
- Earn up to 15 credits per year with online classes
- Complete up to 42 credits per year combining face-to-face and online classes