Medical Services - Eligibility
The University of Dubuque Health Service is available for all students who are currently enrolled in classes.
Undergraduate, graduate, and seminary students are able to seek medical attention with UD Health Service no matter what insurance plan they are enrolled in. The services provided by UD Health Service, Finley Occupational Health, to the UD student are explained below. The services also include being seen at Finley Convenient Care after hours and on weekends.
We respect students' right to privacy and medical records are confidential. Information is transferred to another facility only by the medical office of which student was evaluated.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
The University of Dubuque Student Health Services, Finley Occupational Health, recognizes its responsibility to respect and protect the rights of all patients who seek treatment and information. Therefore, patients have the right to:
- Dignity: To be treated with respect and consideration.
- Be informed: To expect adequate explanation and instructions regarding your medical condition and care, procedures, diet and exercise, medications, laboratory test, and follow up care.
- Ask questions: Your health care provider will be happy to address your questions and concerns.
- Confidentially and privacy: No information from your medical records will be released without your permission. Your privacy will be protected.
- Refuse treatment: You may choose not to be treated by us or to only have a portion of your treatment provided by us.
- Choose your medical provider: You may request a provider at any time and may opt to change providers based on your needs or preferences.
- Voice concerns: You may share concerns with the Medical Coordinator. If you feel like your concerns are not adequately addressed, you have the right to meet with the Vice President of Finance and Auxiliary Services.
In addition to your rights as a patient it is your responsibility to:
- Give us complete and accurate information about your past and present health, medications, allergies or treatments.
- Tell us if you do not understand explanations and instructions.
- Success in treatment is often contingent on your willingness to comply and/or to let us know when you cannot comply.
We can best serve you if you arrive on time for appointments and call us to cancel when you cannot make an appointment. This will allows us to provide services more efficiently and will help to decrease your waiting time.