Media Services, located at 100 Van Vliet Hall, supports audio-visual equipment and instructional technology on campus. We offer training, video production services and support for classroom technology and special events.
- The Fall 2012 classroom technology inventory is online (8/30/12)
- Over the summer, all of the library classrooms received new projectors. A Smartboard is now installed in Library 217, and a PC has been installed in Library 383 (8/30/12)
- Nathan Ripperger and the library staff produced a fun informercial highlighting the many services that the library staff offer to students -- check it out! (8/30/12)
- Mediasite videos are now available for viewing on mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads and Android devices. Contact Mike Willis for more information (8/30/12)
- Having problems viewing Mediasite videos? Check the viewing requirements and troubleshooting guide.
Are you interested in videotaping a class or special event? Perhaps you have a special project in mind. Media Services can can assist with all stages of video production, from concept to completion and distribution:
- Project concept and storyboarding
- Distribution (DVD or online)
- Duplication and conversion
We also record and stream many UD home athletic events.
Contact Nathan Ripperger for more information at 563-589-3350.
Special Events Support
If you are planning a special event, Media Services can help with most technical needs. To get started, print out and submit a Special Event Technology Support form. Please submit the form at least one week in advance. If your event has a technical rider, please include a copy with the Special Event Tech Support form.
Don't forget to complete a Room Reservation Form!
If you prefer to setup and operate equipment yourself, we lend sound systems, video gear, and other A/V equipment. Please note that Media Services does NOT loan equipment for parties or dances.
If you would like your event recorded, please indicate that on the Special Event Technology Support form. We can copy to DVD or post online. Fees may apply. Contact Nathan Ripperger at 563-589-3442 for more information.
Referrals and Recommendations
If your requirements exceed the scope of our office, we can recommend other professional AV companies. Call 563-589-3350 for more information.
If you are planning on showing a movie outside of class, be sure to review the university copyright guidelines.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - noon and 1:00 - 5:00 pm.
When classes are in session late August through May, students are available from 5:00 - 7:00 pm, Monday - Thursday to answer questions and assist with classroom technology. You can reach them at 563-589-3350, or by visiting the reference desk at the library.