Counseling & Life Services
Pathways to a Meaningful Life: Supporting One's Gifts, Strengths, and Talents
Dubuque Crisis Line: 855.800.1239
Toll Free hotline 24 hours/7 days per week, the crisis line is provided by the Hillcrest Family Service Crisis Team; all calls are confidential.
UD's Counseling & Life Services: 2nd Floor of Peters Commons, walk-in or schedule an appointment Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; Dr. Amy Baus, Dr. Tabitha Bartelme, or Graduate Intern Mr. Giovanni Demezier, 563.589.3911; For After Hours, Weekends, and Holidays, all calls are answered by our Confidential Answering Service.
Emergency dial 911; Dubuque Crisis Line 855.800.1239
*** Please be advised that e-mail is not considered a secure form of communication; confidentiality cannot be guaranteed if you forward information of an urgent nature. UD's Counseling & Life Services' staff only monitor and respond to e-mail during regular office hours.
Additional Contact Information/Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Veteran Center Combat Call Center: 877.WAR.VETS
- LGBTQ Helpline: 866.488.7386
- Domestic Violence Victim Services: 800.208.0388
- Iowa Sexual Assault Victim Services: 800.284.7821
- Online Screening (Anonymous Screening and Mental Health Articles)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (Help & Treatment, Topics, and Free Publications)
- ULifeLine thru the JED Foundation (College Mental Health)
Visit the Counseling & Life Service Comprehensive Moodle Page
Students are encouraged to log into Moodle and visit the Counseling & Life Services page, found within their available "My Course" listing. This comprehensive page provides a wealth of resources organized by topic.
Visit the Veterans Resource Comprehensive Moodle Page
Students who are Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces are encouraged to log into Moodle and visit the Veterans Resource page, found within their available "My Course" listing. This comprehensive page provides a wealth of resources organized by topic.
2018-2019 Office Information Below
- Participate on the Healthy Relationship Awareness Week Ad hoc Committee
- J-term service learning course and professional development course for January 2019
- Mission & Goals
- Unit Advisory Committee
- Unit Participation
2019 J-Term Courses and Service Projects, facilitated by UD's Counseling & Life Services
- CCS 281: The Culture of Bullying: Waiting on the World to Change (3 credits)
- SOC 281: Counseling Basics for Soc/CJ Majors (3 credits)
UD's Counseling & Life Services
The mission of Life Services is to provide a safe and confidential environment for the UD Community, which supports lifelong learning and educational success to better assist in reaching personal and career goals.
- Implement programs and provide appropriate referral services that support the recruitment and retention of students.
- Promote overall mental health and well-being for the UD community.
- Provide programs within the service that support academic success.
- Promote activities that increase awareness of intervention and prevention services.
- Provide quality programs and services with standards of professional practice and ethical conduct.
Office Advisory Committee
The Counseling & Life Services Advisory Committee members represent the following: UD student body, faculty, staff, International Studies, Multicultural Student Engagement, Residence Life, Hillcrest Family Services, Riverview Center, Waypoint Services, and Substance Abuse Services Center.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, please contact Dr. Amy Baus, 563.589.3132 for further details. Each committee member is asked to serve for a three-year term. UD students are welcome to serve as guests, if they cannot commit to a three-year term.
2018-2019 Relevant Participating Committees/Conferences/Memberships/Teams
American Counseling Association (ACA)
Counseling & Life Services Advisory Committee
Midwest Association for Students and Teachers of Psychology (MISTOP - annual)
National Institute for Students and Teachers of Psychology (NITOP - annual)
Small College Counseling Consortium for the State of Iowa
Tri-State Undergraduate Psychology Conference (annual)
UD Counseling Team
UD CARES Team
Vocation & Civic Enagagement Advisory Committee