1. The graduation requirement is 2 units of a PE 100-level activity class or an activity through the Wellness, Fitness & Intramural Program.
One PED-100 activity course = 1 unit
8 weeks (1/2 semester) Wellness Activity = 1 unit
16 weeks (full semester) Wellness Activity = 2 units
2. Students may use Wellness, Fitness, & Intramurals Program activities to complete their PE requirement, either alone or in combination with a 1-credit PED course.
- To fulfill the PE requirement using only Wellness, Fitness, & Intramurals activities, a student must participate in at least 16 hours of physical activity over at least 16 weeks (full semester). This would be 2 units. This can be divided between semesters, such as 8 weeks in fall and 8 weeks in spring.
- To fulfill the PE requirement using a Wellness, Fitness, & Intramurals activity in combination with a 1-credit PED course, a student must participate in a Wellness Activity for at least 8 hours of physical activity over at least 8 weeks (1/2 semester).
1. PED-100 activity classes do not include PED 100. Only courses that are a physical activity count. A student registers for the class, pays tuition, and attends when it is scheduled.
2. A student does not register for credits for a Wellness activity, and therefore doesn’t pay tuition for it. Times are somewhat flexible. The student should contact Victor Popp in the Chlapaty Recreation & Wellness Center for information on the programs offered and to sign up.
3. Vic Popp will send the certification of completion to the Registrar’s Office when the Wellness Activity has been completed.