By The Numbers
- Average daily gate count during academic year: 1,125
- Busiest months: October (1,863/day gate count), November (1,553/day), September (1,297/day), and February (1,055/day)
- Total number of volumes: 182,502 (collection grew .5%)
- Total number of multimedia: 3,051 (collection grew 22%)
- Total number of books added: 3,547 (1% more than last year)
- Total number of books and bound periodicals deleted: 3,379
- Total multimedia added: 557 (15.5% less than last year)
- Total number of print periodical titles: 417 (collection down 2.6% from last year)
- Total number of digital periodical titles: 23,460 (collection grew 14%)
- Average price of a book: $26
- Average price of a periodical: $118
- Average price of a database: $1,628
- Average price of a multimedia: $30
- Circulation (includes renewals and reserves): 29,311 (up 19%)
- Most circulated book: Memoirs of a Geisha
- Most circulated (in-house) magazine: National Geographic Kids
- Most used database: Academic Search Premier (37,151 searches)
- Most circulated film: Vicar of Dibley and Happy Feet
Who helps our students? We received articles from:
- American Dairy Association (Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging)
- Shedd Aquarium Library (Aquatic Mammals)
- New York City Department of Health (The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease)
Who wants our stuff? We sent books and articles to:
- Library of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa (Scottish Church History)
- Instituto Brasileiro De Informacao em Ciencia e Tecnologia, Brazil (Acta Philosophica Fennica)
- Harvard Graduate School of Education (Scholastic Early Childhood Today)
From UD students and faculty
- "Thanks, Anne Marie. You librarians are up there next to the saints!"
- "Thanks! I was lost in the library jungle! Your help is appreciated."
- "I just want to thank you for coming and speaking to our class on our upcoming research paper."
- "This is fantastic! I had no idea we had so much material. This will really jumpstart the course."
- "Thank you so very much. Your grace-filled competence and leadership is much appreciated!"
From other librarians
- "Wow! You all did a wonderful job presenting on a really meaningful project. It was one of the best sessions I attended." (LOEX presentation evaluation)
- "Everyone loved your program and now we want to try to implement a version of it for next fall!" (LOEX)
- "Thanks so much!!!!! You guys are GREAT!" (Loras College Library Director, after curriculum mapping consultation)