DUBUQUE, Iowa - The University of Dubuque and Loras College Softball teams will join the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) and the American Cancer Society in the effort to StrikeOut Cancer on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at Chlapaty Outdoor Sports Complex on the campus of the University of Dubuque. The NFCA has teamed with the American Cancer Society raising tens of thousands of dollars to support cancer awareness and research over the past 10 years.
The Spartans would like to invite you to attend the annual StrikeOut Cancer softball doubleheader on April 3, 2013 with the doubleheader beginning at 3:00 p.m.
Activities for the event include:
· Cancer Survivors throwing out the first pitch of each game
· “StrikeOut Cancer” T-shirts will be sold
· Raffle tickets will be sold for a chance to win University of Dubuque Spartan and Loras prizes
· An opportunity will be available to honor cancer survivors or victims
· 50/50 raffle
· Admission is free, but there will be a free will donation to the American Cancer Society