It is the mission of the human resources department to provide the following quality services to the employees of the University of Dubuque:
- Recruitment of qualified diverse individuals.
- Retention of valuable employees.
- Training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization.
- A safe and healthful working environment.
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and constant feedback.
- Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures.
- Support UD's culture and empower employees.
These services are achieved through a teamwork philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun!