MMAL Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The Master of Management - Aviation Leadership (MMAL) program's mission is to help graduates develop an applied understanding of the management practices and leadership skills within the aviation industry. In addition to gaining practical competence within aviation through real-world experience, graduates will be prepared to think strategically, integrate and construct new knowledge, develop intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies, and apply excellent moral character to the practices of an aviation organization.
- Lead and manage with in-depth knowledge in key areas of finance, human resources, operations, and strategy.
- Exercise character and ethics in decision making.
- Communicate effectively across the global business landscape.
- Think and act both tactically and strategically in complex business situations.
- Assess issues within the aviation industry and solve a variety of problems
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply excellent moral character and professional ethics to the practices of an organization. (Program Goal 2)
- Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening, and electronic media by using the language of business coupled with interpersonal and communication skills to lead organizational groups in a physical or virtual presence. (Program Goal 3)
- Critically evaluate, analyze, and interpret information concerning human, intellectual, technological, and material resources to solve problems and make business decisions occurring in both structured and non-structured environments. (Program Goal 4)
- Exhibit a rigorous understanding of core business operations reflecting an integration of functional perspectives. (Program Goal 1)
- Utilize methods which foster innovation in organizations and respond effectively to new circumstances, enabling organizations to realize the impact on products and processes. (Program Goals 3 and 4)
- Acquire and utilize knowledge of behavioral, policy, and strategic issues to improve the effectiveness of the organization. (Program Goal 1)
- Assess issues in the aviation environment and to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and/or applied science to accurately analyze and interpret data to solve a variety of problems. (Program Goal 5)
- Recognize the need for and engage in lifelong learning. (Program Goal 5)