About - MMAL
The Master in Management - Aviation Leadership is a 30 credit hour program offered in an ONLINE 8-week-per-course format.
The Master in Management - Aviation Leadership (MMAL) degree is a 30 credit hour program which prepares graduates for a career in any aspect of leadership and managerial roles in the aviation industry. Students have the opportunity to explore and learn ethical and effective leadership and management processes or behaviors that are applicable to any aviation related operations including domestic and international airlines, airports, corporate aviation, and fixed-base operators (FBO). The program will be offered in an 8-week ONLINE format to provide optimal flexibility for a student to take courses.
In order to qualify for the MMAL program, the student must have earned a bachelor’s degree in aviation or related field from an accredited institution. Candidates are required to have a 3.00 or higher undergraduate cumulative GPA. An ideal candidate must be working within the aviation or aerospace industry at the time of acceptance into the program.
The MMAL program’s mission is to help graduates develop an applied understanding of the management practices and leadership skills within the aviation industry. In addition to gaining practical competence within aviation through real-world experience, graduates will be prepared to think strategically, integrate and construct new knowledge, develop intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies and apply excellent moral character to the practices of an aviation organization.
The MMAL includes a set of Foundation electives, and required Core and Aviation Courses. The Foundation electives result in a minimum of 15 credit hours. Additionally, students must also complete a minimum of 15 credit hours of Aviation courses and the Field Experience Capstone Seminar. This results in a minimum of 30 credit hours.
The MMAL program is offered in an 8 week ONLINE format to meet the growing demands of our professional students’ schedules. Students needing support on how to use the online learning management system (Moodle) can call or email Beth Parkin at (563) 589-3205, firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or work at your own pace through an online tutorial at https://udonline.dbq.edu/mod/page/view.php?id=301858.
MMAL Program Highlights
- The program is built based on intensive industry research.
- Focuses on in-depth day-to-day managerial operation within a aviation context.
- Applied internship (or like experience) requirement.
- Students can complete their degree within one year.
- Bachelor’s degree in a recognized aviation or flight program from a regionally accredited or domestically recognized international institution of higher education (official transcript required).
- Undergraduate cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A formal application and three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s ability to successfully complete a graduate degree.
- A personal statement of objectives for pursuit of this degree.
- Demonstrate writing competence.
- Program application fee.
- Approval of Graduate Admission Committee.
For further information, contact Patti Burgmeier, Director of Admissions for Graduate Studies at PBurgmeier@dbq.edu or call 563.589.3664