How to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
Application Process for Financial Aid
- Obtain a FSA ID for use throughout the federal process from the U. S. Department of Education's Web site at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. If you already have a FSA ID, skip this step.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or as soon as possible after October 1. You may file the FAFSA on-line using FAFSA on the Web at http://www.fafsa.gov/ using your FSA ID. Our federal code is 001891.
- TIP! Take advantage of the IRS Data Match service to make your FAFSA filing easier. During the FAFSA application process you will be prompted to use the IRS Data Match and the infromation provided by your taxes will be transferred for you into the FAFSA.
- You may check the MYUD portal under the Financial Aid tab to check the status for any needed financial aid documents to complete your file. Promptly submit any additional information or documents requested by the Office of Student Financial Planning (usually if you were selected for a process called verification).
- Watch for Email announcements for your Financial Aid Award beginning the first week of March. Your UD assigned email will be used.