The mission of the University of Dubuque Student Health Services is to promote the health and wellness of the University Community, to enhance student retention, and to support academic and personal success.
Forms Required for All Students Reregistering:
(If under 18 years of age, please have your parent or legal guardian sign and date all forms).
- UD Emergency & Medical Information Form
Debra R. Runkle, MA, LAT, ATC
University Medical Coordinator
Head Athletic Trainer / Assistant Athletic Director / Athletic Facilities Coordinator
Stoltz Sports Center
The University of Dubuque Health Service is available (free) for all students who are currently enrolled in classes. Undergraduate, graduate, and seminary students are able to seek medical attention with UD Health Service no matter what insurance plan they are enrolled in. The services provided by UD Health Service, Unity Point Finley Occupational Health, to you are explained below. The services also include being seen at Unity Point Finley Convenient Care, after hours and on weekends.
The Medical Coordinator is able to schedule appointments not only with Unity Point Finley Occupational Health, but also with other medical facilities. The Director is able to assist you with other medical appointments, such as dental, women's health concerns, specialty clinics, etc (within the constraints of your personal medical insurance plan).
The Medical Coordinator is also able to help you and your parent(s) with insurance questions, such as how to locate a specialist within their insurance plan, and what an EOB is.
MAKING A MEDICAL APPOINTMENT:
- To schedule medical appointments for illnesses or injuries, call the University of Dubuque (UD) Office of Medical Services, Debra Runkle, 563.589.3244.
- A Student & Student-Athlete Medical Referral Form from the Medical Coordinator, located in the Stoltz Sports Center, will be completed for you to take with you to your appointment, and to return after your appointment.
- The Medical Referral Form will indicate when you may return to class or if you are being referred to another physician for follow-up. You must return the referral form to the Medical Coordinator directly after the appointment (if after hours, the next the day).
- If you are unable to reach the Medical Coordinator after hours, report to Finley Convenient Care. If your situation is an emergency, contact UD Security (ext. 3333) or call 911. Finley Convenient Care will determine if you should be seen at the ER (charges for ER services will be billed to you or your insurance).
UNIVERSITY OF DUBUQUE MEDICAL COORDINATOR'S OFFICE
Medical Coordinator: Debra Runkle
Assistant to the Medical Coordinator: Erin Barsema
304 Stoltz Sports Center
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
MEDICAL COORDINATOR: Office 563.589.3244 Cell: 563.580.6889
CAREER & LIFE SERVICES (Counseling Center): 563.589.3132
SAFETY & SECURITY: 563.589.3333
UNITY POINT FINLEY HOSPITAL
Finley Hospital-ER Entrance (at the five-way stop)
350 North Grandview Ave.
Dubuque, IA 52001
UNITY POINT FINLEY CONVENIENT CARE (East Clinic) (ER Entrance)
Monday - Friday 4:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
UNITY POINT FINLEY OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH (West Clinic)
1665 Embassy West Drive
(Follow Pennsylvania, cross over NW Arterial, take first left. Across from ReMax/Gas Station/DQ.)
Dubuque, IA 52002
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Student Health Services is provided by:
Unity Point Finley Occupational Health, a service of Unity Point The Finley Hospital, Iowa Health System, provides University of Dubuque students with access to the services that Finley Hospital has to offer.