Office of Technology
The mission of the Office of Technology is to provide the University of Dubuque with information and educational technologies that support and enhance the effectiveness, productivity, and creativity of the entire campus community.
Students start here:
Wifi Instructions for Windows 7/Vista/XP
This is required for all Windows XP/Vista/7 users to connect to the school's internet.
- Windows XP instructions (PDF)
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Instructions (PDF)
- Windows 8 users do not need to setup a wireless connection. However, if you are having problems connecting with Windows 8, make sure that your connection settings are the same as what is listed in the Windows Vista/7 instructions.
Wifi Instructions for Other Devices
How to Certify your Computer to Connect to the Internet (Bradford Authentication)
When you connect your computer to the school's network for the first time, you must download and install a program (Bradford) which will check your computer for an antivirus program and other system requirements. The following instructions and video will help you with this process.
New Student Network Orientation
Accessing UD Email and Calendar on a Cell Phone
You can access your Outlook account on most smartphones, including iPhone and Android. Instructions will vary depending on which phone you own. To find the email settings for your phone, login to email.dbq.edu, then browse to Options > See All Options > Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access. The Microsoft Exchange server name is pod51009.outlook.com.
- General instructions: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc511380.aspx
- Android instructions: http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/dd940179.aspx
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/dd125429.aspx
- Other mobile devices: http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/cc825479.aspx
- How to add UD email to your iPhone or iPad (PDF)
Outlook Frequently Asked Questions:
Change the time zone
Create a signature
Retract a sent message
Set up an Out of Office message (Auto Reply)
Create Tasks and To-Do Items
Schedule a Meeting with Other People
Create a Calendar Appointment
Check Spelling and Grammar
Turn off new message alert
Other Basic Tasks
Setting up a proxy account
To set up a proxy account in Outlook, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the accounts you would like to add.
Several people have reported that legitimate email is being sent to the Junk Mail folder. If you have any legitimate messages in the Junk Mail folder, you can either click and drag them to the Inbox, or you can right click on the message and select "Create Rule" to direct all future messages from that sender to the Inbox.
Need help? Email the HelpDesk or call 563.589.3737 for technology assistance. You may also stop at the HelpDesk office located in the lower level of Van Vliet, room 114. Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.