Reporting Problems
Members of the University of Dubuque community are encouraged to report crimes, abuse, harassing phone calls, suspicious activity or other emergencies immediately to theSafety and Security Department. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Well-marked safety telephones are located throughout the campus and can be used to report crimes or other types of emergencies.

Reporting Crimes and Emergencies
Please report crimes, suspicious activity or other emergencies immediately to the Safety and Security Department.

Dial 563.589.3333 or 3333 from any on-campus telephone. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Give your name, and state where you are.
Try to speak slowly and remain calm.
Specify the type of emergency: police, fire, medical.
Describe the situation as best as you can. Who? What? When? Where? How?
Let the Safety and Security Officer know if the emergency is about to happen, is happening then or has just occurred?
Clarify whether weapons are involved.
Give the most accurate description possible of suspect(s) or vehicle(s) involved, and any additional information that may prove useful to the police department.
Listen carefully to what the communications officer on call says, and follow his or her directions.

Reporting Non-Emergencies (loud music, etc.)
Dial 563.589.3333 or within a campus telephone 3333;

Example of a non-emergency:
It is 2:30 a.m. and there is loud music in your residence hall or neighborhood. It is obvious that there is a party going on, and you need your sleep. This would not be considered an emergency situation.

Reporting an Accident
Automobile accident report forms are available at the Safety and Security Office located at Smith Hall (2205 Grace Street, Room 112).

If you are not on campus, the forms can be picked up at the Dubuque Police Department.
Reports must be filled out within five business days and mailed to the address on the form.
If this is an emergency, call 911.

Reporting an Incident
If an incident occurs (i.e., property loss, vandalism, loud noise/music, suspicious person) contact the Safety and Security Office immediately. A Safety and Security Officer will take your statement and file a report. If in doubt that an incident should be reported, call the Safety and Security Officer.

Reporting a Theft
If a theft is suspected or occurs in residence, students should immediately report it to a member of the Residence Life Staff and the Safety and Security Deprtment. The Director of Residence Life will assist in making a determination whether or not the Dubuque Police Department should be notified.