Women's Basketball Finishes 3rd, Men 11th in Division III Attendance
Jun 9, 2016
Both men's and women's basketball set single game attendance records with 2,622 and 2,122 fans in Stoltz Sports Center, respectively, against rival Loras on January 27.
Official IIAC release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – The University of Dubuque men’s and women’s basketball teams finished Top-11 nationally in Division III attendance with the men hosting the 11th-most fans per game (1,104) and the women attracting the third-most fans (896) in the remodeled Stoltz Sports Center.
The men and women took advantage of the newly added 600-seat student section in Stoltz and hosted a record-setting, 2,622 and 2,122 fans, respectively, against rival Loras on January 27.
It boosted a women’s program that finished third nationally in attendance for the second-straight season and led the Iowa Conference with an 896 average and 10,747 total.
Overall, Iowa Conference women’s basketball sported the highest per game average of any conference in the country for the third straight season and seventh time in the last nine years. Three Iowa Conference teams finished Top-10 in the nation.
The men saw an average 1,104 fans per game (14,359 total) and placed second in the Iowa Conference behind Buena Vista, who hosted an average of 1,206 per game. As a conference, the IIAC placed third nationally with a 770 average in 92 total games.
Women Top-3 Iowa Conference Schools (National ranking)
1. UD 896 average (10747 thru 12 games) (3rd)
2. Wartburg 723 average (9400 thru 13 games) (6th)
3. Buena Vista 649 average (7783 thru 12 games) (8th)
Women Conference Standings
1. Iowa Conference 585 average (54439 thru 93 games)
2. Michigan Intercollegiate 436 average (46237 thru 106 games)
3. Wisconsin Intercollegiate 361 average (36469 thru 101 games)
Men Top-3 Iowa Conference Schools (National ranking)
1. Buena Vista 1206 average (12062 thru 10 games) (9th)
2. UD 1104 average (14359 thru 13 games) (11th)
3. Simpson 820 average (9028 thru 11 games) (27th)
Men Conference Standings
1. CCIW 875 average (84028 thru 96 games)
2. Michigan Intercollegiate 874 average (70802 thru 81 games)
3. Iowa Conference 770 average (70898 thru 92 games)