Men's Soccer Down #15-Ranked Loras 3-2
Sep 23, 2017
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The University of Dubuque men's soccer made it two in a row over the Loras College Duhawks on Saturday night by capturing the IIAC tilt 3-2 at the Rock Bowl. The game lived up to the week's hype with #15-ranked Loras on their home pitch. After one half of action both teams netted a goal each to end 1-1 in the opening 45 minutes of play.
Loras jumped to a 2-1 lead at 59:30, but UD's Andrew Guelle scored on a cross at 76:45 to knot the game 2-2. As time was running down, the Spartan faithful had plenty to cheer about after Kyle Klatka scored on a header off a corner kick for the game winner at 88:36. Brandon White earned four saves for the victory in net. Shots by period among the two conference contenders were nearly equal UD-12 and Loras finished with 13. UD had three corer kicks and Loras utilized four in the loss.
Chris Rigby led with three shots and Noah Clarke had two. Seven other Spartans finished with a shot each and 23 Spartans saw action in the upset. UD improves to 5-2-1 overall and 1-0 in IIAC.
1. 16:23 LORM Javi Simon (7) Ryan Ross/Marcus Singleton - scrum in front of goal
2. 32:43 DBQM Noah Clarke (unassisted) - loose ball inside the box
3. 59:30 LORM Ryan Ross (1) Javi Simon - Bike from center off throw-in and flick on
4. 76:45 DBQM Andrew Guelle (unassisted) - cross served to near post tapped in
5. 88:36 DBQM Kyle Klatka Matheus Dos Santos - header off the corner
Cautions and ejections:
YC-DBQM #6 (16:55); YC-DBQM #5 (28:51); YC-LORM #9 (59:50); YC-LORM #25 (61:03)
Officials: Referee: Matt Printup; Asst. Referee: Tony Rink; and Nikola Stanceviz