The Wendt Character Initiative's theme for 2023-2024 is Character Explorations. This year is the 20th anniversary of the Wendt Character Initiative.
Applications for the Wendt Character Scholars Program for the 2024-25 academic year are open December 1 - January 31.
- Wendt Character Scholars Kickoff Picnic
- September 21: Character Day
- Wendt Tea: Faculty Grant reports
- Faculty/Staff Discussions of the article "What if Our Residence Halls Were Tech Free?" by Adam Smith, and the Christian Scholar's Review theme issue: Vocation.
- 20 Years of Wendt Character Scholars Celebration
- October 2: Wendt Character Lecture - Rev. Gregory Drumwright
- November 13-17: Gratitude Week: Wendt Character Scholars engage in activities across campus and the community. Other departments/programs are encouraged to find ways to celebrate with their own students.
- December 1: Wendt Character Scholars program applications open
- Wendt Character Scholars Kickoff Pizza Party and Service Project
- Faculty/Staff Book Discussions of The Good Life: Lessons from the World's Longest Scientific Study of Happiness, by Robert Waldinger and Marc Schulz
- January 22: Blood Done Sign My Name
- January 31: Wendt Character Scholars program applications close
- March 14: Wendt Character Lecture - Freshta Tori Jan
- Sparty Athletic Awards: Wendt Character Athlete of the Year and for each sport