- Comprehensive index to scholarly journals and popular magazines in all academic disciplines. 4,365 titles indexed (3,228 peer-reviewed) and 3,432 full-text (2,568 peer-reviewed). Updated daily. Limited coverage before 1990.
- ARTstor is a digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences with a suite of software tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes. The community-built collections comprise contributions from outstanding museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists' estates.
- Full text of books from major academic and general-interest publishers available online.
- An e-book collection in all disciplines from 2006 to the present. Updated daily.
- The interface that provides access to Academic Search Premier, ATLA Religion Database, Business Source Premier, and other databases. Please click here for a list of databases.
Films on Demand (Films for the Humanities and Sciences)
- Provides access to streaming videos in many different subjects including the humanities, social sciences, science and health, and business.
- This database is supported by a generous gift from the Clarence Griep Memorial Fund. This fund honors the work and life of Clarence Griep, Professor of History at University of Dubuque from 1966 to 1982.
- Title Lists: 1) Humanities & Social Sciences Collection; 2) Business & Economics Collection; 3)Science & Mathematics Collection; and 4) Health & Medicine
- JSTOR I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and the Life Sciences Collections provide full text access to core journals in the social sciences, the humanities, and the sciences as well as journals in biology, ecology, health, geography, law, mathematics, and statistics. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR.
- LearningExpress Library is an interactive online platform that provides a comprehensive selection of career and academic resources to empower people for job preparation, career advancement, college readiness, academic success, and skills mastery in math, reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary.
- Wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, with full text of 2,000 journals and magazines. Especially good for legal research.
- Mango Languages is an online, as well as mobile, self-paced program that does not carry any academic credit. Mango aims to build real world language skills by emphasizing proficiency through commonly used phrases, pronunciation through voice comparison technology, and cultural understanding through insights.
- This multidisciplinary database provides full text for more than 2,050 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, it includes full text reference books, biographies, primary source documents, and an image collection of photos, maps and flags.
- US Major Dailies provides access to the five most respected US national and regional newspapers, including The New York Times and Washington Post, co-exclusive access to The Wall Street Journal, and exclusive access to Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. The titles offer researchers thorough and timely coverage of local, regional, and world events with journalistic balance and perspective. The content is available by 8am each day and provides archives stretching as far back as 1985. This database is available on the ProQuest platform.
- This database provides access to career information including resume and cover letter guides and samples, company and industry profiles, and career advice articles. Sponsored by the Office of Career & Life Services and Diamond Program.
- Includes the Encyclopaedia Britannica, Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and thousands of Web links and other Web sites selected by the Britannica editors.
- Search online encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference sources to find definitions, statistics, images, etc.
Oxford English Dictionary (OED)
Online version of this authoritative dictionary, which guides users to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.