Science, Technology, and Health
- AccessMedicine provides the full-text of 60 of the top current clinical textbooks including Harrison's Online and Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. In addition, AccessMedicine offers a video/audio database, image database (with thousands of photos/illustrations), interactive self-assessment, case files, and diagnostic tools. This resource is available both on- and off-campus, and can be downloaded as a mobile app.
- To use the app, register for an account by clicking on "sign in" in the upper right hand corner, and "Create a MyAccess Profile."
- Search a broad selection of the full-texts, peer-reviewed journals and bulletins published by American Institute of Biologial Sciences (AIBS) member societies and other closely related organizations.
- The authoritative source of information for the professional literature of nursing, allied health, biomedicine, and healthcare including references to books, book chapters, pamphlets, audiovisuals, dissertations, educational software, selected conference proceedings, standards of professional practice, nurse practice acts, critical paths, and research instruments. Although a bibliographic database, CINAHL includes selected original and full-text material.
- ClinicalKey is a point-of-care resource for health care professionals designed to provide clinicians with answers quickly. ClinicalKey includes a wide range of content types to satisfy clinical information needs: books (1,000+), journals (500+), videos (13,000+), practice guidelines (2,000+), images, patient education handouts, and drug monographs.
- To use the mobile app you will need to register for an account. You can do this by clicking on the "register" link in the upper right hand corner.
- A specialized medical and nursing resource for systematic reviews of evidence, considered the "gold standard" for Evidence Based Practice.
- Offers information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Provides access to over 575 scholarly full text journals in nursing and allied health.
JOGNN is a leading peer-reviewed journal with a nursing focus on the health care of women, childbearing families, and newborns. Coverage: 1972-present.
- JSTOR I - IX, and the Life Sciences Collections provide full text access to core journals in the social sciences, the humanities, and the sciences as well as journals in biology, ecology, health, geography, law, mathematics, and statistics. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR.
- Sponsored by the U. S. National Library of Medicine. Covers all areas of medicine, dentistry, nursing, health services administration, and more from over 9,500 journals, 1965 to the present. Updated daily.
- Ovid Nursing database includes full-text content from current journals through Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, combined with a Nursing subset of MEDLINE.
- PsycINFO is published by the American Psychological Associations and provides comprehensive indexing and abstracts of the international psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Documents indexed include journals, articles, books, dissertations and more. 90% of the 3,000+ titles indexed in PsycINFO are peer-reviewed.Coverage: 1806 - current. PsycArticles offers full-text articles for journals published by the American Psychological Association, the APA Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association and Hogrefe & Huber. The database includes all material from the print journals. Many titles go back to volume 1, issue 1. Coverage: 1894 - current.
- PubMed provides access to bibliographic information that includes MEDLINE, as well as: 1) The out-of-scope citations (e.g., articles on plate tectonics or astrophysics) from certain MEDLINE journals, primarily general science and chemistry journals, for which the life sciences articles are indexed for MEDLINE; 2) Citations that precede the date that a journal was selected for MEDLINE indexing; 3) Some additional life science journals that submit full text to PubMedCentral and receive a qualitative review by NLM.
- Provided by the Sport Information Resource Centre, SPORTDiscus offers comprehensive, bibliographic coverage of sport, fitness and related disciplines. This database contains well over 1.7 million records with journal and monograph coverage going back to 1800; over 22,000 dissertations and theses and reference to articles in 60 different languages.
- UpToDate is a large online medical textbook containing short, well-written discussion of medical topics in internal medicine, pediatrics, ob/gyn, and family medicine. Review articles are written by experts in the field and are designed to provide a quick way to get up to speed.
- To use the mobile app you will need to register for an account. You can do this by clicking on the "log in/register" link in the upper right hand corner next to "Welcome, University of Dubuque."