Databases By Title
- This is accessed through Ministry Matters
- This is accessed through Ministry Matters
Discover a comprehensive collection of authoratative periodicals and scholarly journals
- Comprehensive index to scholarly journals and popular magazines in all academic disciplines. 4,365 titles indexed (3,228 peer-reviewed) and 3,432 full-text (2,568 peer-reviewed). Updated daily. Limited coverage before 1990.
- AccessMedicine provides the full-text of 60 of the top current clinical textbooks including Harrison's Online and Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. In addition, AccessMedicine offers a video/audio database, image database (with thousands of photos/illustrations), interactive self-assessment, case files, and diagnostic tools. This resource is available both on- and off-campus, and can be downloaded as a mobile app.
- To use the app, register for an account by clicking on "sign in" in the upper right hand corner, and "Create a MyAccess Profile."
- American Doctoral Dissertations provides electronic access to dissertations accepted by American universities. Containing more than 172,000 theses and dissertations in total from 1902 to the present, it was created with the generous support of the H. W. Wilson Foundation and the Congregational Library & Archives in Boston. Newly enhanced with an additional 80,000 citations for theses and dissertations, the new citations include a link to access the full text, when available, via the Institutional Repository where the thesis or dissertation is housed such as OhioLINK, Rochester Institute of Technology and North Carolina State University.
- ARTstor is a digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences with a suite of software tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes. The community-built collections comprise contributions from outstanding museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists' estates.
- Comprehensive database for religious and theological scholarship. Contains citations from 600 international journal articles, plus full-text for around thirty titles (The full text is ATLA Serials or ATLAS). Also indexes book reviews, multi-authored works, and the Methodist Reviews Index.
- A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.
- Search a broad selection of the full-texts, peer-reviewed journals and bulletins published by American Institute of Biologial Sciences (AIBS) member societies and other closely related organizations.
- Includes the Encyclopaedia Britannica, Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and thousands of Web links and other Web sites selected by the Britannica editors.
- This business database uses a variety of resources related to global companies including: Case studies, Company and industry reports, Statistics, Journal and news articles, SWOT analysis reports, Market share report, and Interactive LiveCharts
- You can find information organized by country, company or industry
- Business Source Premier provides full text for nearly 3,800 scholarly business journals, including full text for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed business publications. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business.
- The program, Career Cruising, provided to you by the University of Dubuque TRIO/Student Support Services program & Career Services has many things to benefit you in your academic & career goals & exploration. One of the primary functions of Career Cruising is the Matchmaker. Follow the steps below to get started with the Career Cruising Matchmaker:
- Log in:
- Username: dbq email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: birthdate (mmddyyyy)
- You will then be prompted to create a new password
*You will see you are now logged in with your own profile, so everything saved is secure and easily accessed by logging into career cruising with your personal username & password.Click the “assessment” tab
2. You will see other assessments on this page we encourage you to check out. The learning styles assessment can be especially helpful when considering different study tips.
Click “Start Matchmaker” and complete all 116 questions.
3. Once you’ve completed the matchmaker, feel free to explore the occupational profiles from your top 40 list, as well as checking out other aspects of the Career Cruising program at your convenience. We would especially encourage you to explore the career tab & complete the financial aid selector found under the financial tab.
Please contact Keisha Schroeder at email@example.com or 563.589.3731 with questions.
- This database is the leading tax and accounting research database, published by the leader in advanced research, practice materials, and compliance tools for tax, accounting and corporate finance professionals, Thompson RIA. Coverage includes information on financial management, controllership, internal auditing and GAAP and SEC compliance. Also included are in-depth explanations and annotations for all tax types for all 51 jurisdictions and archives of cases rulings and regulations. Users will be able to search for tax code by state, receive alerts on changing tax laws and obtain expert advice and analysis from authoritative sources.
- The online version of the 17th Edition of the Chicago Manual of Style. The Chicago Manual of Style Online also provides convenient Tools, such as sample correspondence, proofreaders' marks, and a quick guide to citation.
- The Chicago Tribune covers international and national news with 20 bureaus. The Tribune provides in-depth profiles of the more than 85 Fortune 500 companies, along with superb biographical sketches, criticism and comment of research-worthy topics, coverage of social issues, urban affairs, sports, politics and government, cultural affairs. From 2000 - Current.
- Choice Reviews Online is a source for reviews of academic books, electronic media, and Internet resources of interest to those in higher education.
- The authoritative source of information for the professional literature of nursing, allied health, biomedicine, and healthcare including references to books, book chapters, pamphlets, audiovisuals, dissertations, educational software, selected conference proceedings, standards of professional practice, nurse practice acts, critical paths, and research instruments. Although a bibliographic database, CINAHL includes selected original and full-text material.
- ClinicalKey is a point-of-care resource for health care professionals designed to provide clinicians with answers quickly. ClinicalKey includes a wide range of content types to satisfy clinical information needs: books (1,000+), journals (500+), videos (13,000+), practice guidelines (2,000+), images, patient education handouts, and drug monographs.
- To use the mobile app you will need to register for an account. You can do this by clicking on the "register" link in the upper right hand corner.
- A specialized medical and nursing resource for systematic reviews of evidence, considered the "gold standard" for Evidence Based Practice.
- This database is a merger of two key communication indexes: CommSearch and Mass Media Complete. Provides many full-text articles.
- Search online encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference sources to find definitions, statistics, images, etc.
- The DACB records the stories of African Christians who have transformed the history of the African church and transformed Christian history. The Dictionary of African Christian Biography is a non-proprietary electronic database covering all the denominations and church branches of African Christianity, including the missionary movement, from earliest times to the present, over all of Africa.
- The interface that provides access to Academic Search Premier, ATLA Religion Database, Business Source Premier, and other databases. Please click here for a list of databases.
- Full text of books from major academic and general-interest publishers available online.
- This collection contains more than 120,000 titles of multidisciplinary eBook titles representing a broad range of topics.
- With more than 4,100 titles from over 150 trusted publishers covering important religious subjects including philosophy, ethics, history of religions, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and more.
- An e-book collection in all disciplines from 2006 to the present. Updated daily.
- Indexes over 3,700 academic journals in all academic disciplines from 1995 to the present. Updated daily.
- The second edition of a resource that is considered a standard reference in the field. Presents a cross-cultural approach that emphasizes religion's role within everyday life and as a unique experience from culture to culture. The original 2,750 entries have been retained, many heavily updated, and approximately 600 entirely new articles have been added by an international team of scholars and contributors.
- Published by the U. S. Department of Education, it is divided into two parts: RIE (Resources in Education) and CIJE (Current Index to Journals in Education), 1966 to the present. Updated monthly.
- Access provided by the American Accounting Association
- Over 90 accounting topics displayed in a coherent structure
- Provides access to streaming videos in many different subjects including the humanities, social sciences, science and health, and business.
- Title Lists: 1) Humanities & Social Sciences Collection; 2) Business & Economics Collection; 3)Science & Mathematics Collection; and 4) Health & Medicine Collection.
- A collection of 42 different Gale Collections including Communications, Criminal Justice, Nursing, Philosophy, Psychology, and Religion to name a few. Click on the link to get a list of databases and links.
- Consists of records published by the Government Printing Office since 1976, including references for documents to congressional committee reports and hearings, debates, executive department documents, etc.
- Offers information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Provides access to over 130 full text consumer health magazines. This database covers topics such as medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Provides access to over 575 scholarly full text journals in nursing and allied health.
- HeinOnline is a premier online database containing more than 155 million pages and 200,000 titles of legal history and government documents in a fully searchable, image-based format. HeinOnline bridges the gap in historical research by providing comprehensive coverage from inception of more than 2,500 law-related periodicals. In addition to its vast collection of law journals, HeinOnline contains the entire Congressional Record, Federal Register, and Code of Federal Regulations, complete coverage of the U.S. Reports back to 1754, and entire databases dedicated to treaties, constitutions, case law, world trials, classic treatises, international trade, foreign relations, U.S. Presidents, and much more.
- This database includes studies in art, history, communications, culture, literature and philosophy, and features articles, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, original works of fiction, book reviews, and reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, operas, plays and more. It provides full text, indexing and abstracts for the most noted scholarly sources in the humanities.
- Use this database to locate our online and print magazine/journal holdings.
- The ticTOCs Journal Tables of Contents service allows academics, researchers, students and anyone else to keep up-to-date with newly published scholarly material by enabling them to find, display, store, combine and reuse thousands of journal tables of contents from multiple publishers.
- JSTOR I - IX and the Life Sciences Collections provide full text access to core journals in the social sciences, the humanities, and the sciences as well as journals in biology, ecology, health, geography, law, mathematics, and statistics. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR.
- LearningExpress Library is an interactive online platform that provides a comprehensive selection of career and academic resources to empower people for job preparation, career advancement, college readiness, academic success, and skills mastery in math, reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary.
- Wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, with full text of 2,000 journals and magazines. Especially good for legal research.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstract (LISTA) indexes more than 600 periodicals, plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- Mango Languages is an online, as well as mobile, self-paced program that does not carry any academic credit. Mango aims to build real world language skills by emphasizing proficiency through commonly used phrases, pronunciation through voice comparison technology, and cultural understanding through insights.
- This multidisciplinary database provides full text for more than 2,050 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, it includes full text reference books, biographies, primary source documents, and an Image Collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Sponsored by the U. S. National Library of Medicine. Covers all areas of medicine, dentistry, nursing, health services administration, and more from over 9,500 journals, 1965 to the present. Updated daily.
- Images of public-domain artworks in the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s collection — about 450,000 — which are free for anyone to use however they may please.
- Ministry Matters is a resource that contains biblical reference tools including the New Interpreter's Bible, lectionary resources, sermon collections, preaching tools, children's sermons, worship resources. Produced by United Methodist Publishing House
- Includes access to LA Times, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post
- Also know as US Major Dailies
- Wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, with full text of 2,000 journals and magazines. Especially good for legal research.
- An ecumenical, scholarly commentary
- The dictionary covers persons and places mentioned in the Bible. It contains a full range of articles on the cultural, religious, and political contexts of the Bible in the ancient Near East and the Greco-Roman world, and it offers many articles explaining key methods of biblical interpretation. The dictionary also includes numerous articles on theological and ethical themes and concepts important to understanding the biblical witness.
- Full text, 1980 - current issue. No financials.
- The Constitution of the Presbyterian Church (USA): Part I, Book of Confessions, available online as a PDF document.
- The Constitution of the Presbyterian Church (USA): Part II, Book of Order available online as a PDF document.
- The Theological Commons is a digital library of 50,025 books and journals on theology and religion, including 23,726 volumes from the Princeton Theological Seminary Library.
- Designed for elementary school libraries. Contains full text for over 50 popular, elementary school magazines. Also contains an elementary school-level encyclopedia, dictionary, images, and more.
- Access on your mobile device
- PsycINFO is published by the American Psychological Associations and provides comprehensive indexing and abstracts of the international psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Documents indexed include journals, articles, books, dissertations and more. 90% of the 3,000+ titles indexed in PsycINFO are peer-reviewed. Coverage: 1806 - current. PsycArticles offers full-text articles for journals published by the American Psychological Association, the APA Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association and Hogrefe & Huber. The database includes all material from the print journals. Many titles go back to volume 1, issue 1. Coverage: 1894 - current.
- PubMed provides access to bibliographic information that includes MEDLINE, as well as: 1) The out-of-scope citations (e.g., articles on plate tectonics or astrophysics) from certain MEDLINE journals, primarily general science and chemistry journals, for which the life sciences articles are indexed for MEDLINE; 2) Citations that precede the date that a journal was selected for MEDLINE indexing; 3) Some additional life science journals that submit full text to PubMedCentral and receive a qualitative review by NLM.
- This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- SBRnet, updated continuously, provides market research and industry news including coverage of sports equipment sales, sports participation, sports attendance, consumer expenditures, sports marketing, sports facilities, licensing, TV and online media reports, trends, recent sports business and marketing news and more.
- Access to full-text articles and book chapters. Faculty and Graduate Student Access Only. Please e-mail the Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the username and password.
- The database is a resource for small business owners and those interested in starting a business, offering full-text periodicals and reports, sample business plans, U.S. tax forms, videos and reference books. It supports small business owners in all relevant areas from planning, financing and managing a business to exit strategies. Users also have the ability to search within specific ‘Business Topics’ and ‘Business Types’ relevant to their needs.
- The index features more than 1,300,000 records with subject headings from a 15,000 term sociology-specific thesaurus designed by expert lexicographers. SocINDEX with Full Text contains full text for 235 "core" coverage journals dating back to 1895, and 72 "priority" coverage journals. This database also includes full text for 545 books and monographs, and full text for 6,601 conference papers.
- Provided by the Sport Information Resource Centre, SPORTDiscus offers comprehensive, bibliographic coverage of sport, fitness and related disciplines. This database contains well over 1.7 million records with journal and monograph coverage going back to 1800; over 22,000 dissertations and theses and reference to articles in 60 different languages.
- Sports Litigation Alert tracks legal developments as they occur in amateur and professional athletics as well as legislative issues that impact sports law professionals. It also features an extensive archive of case summaries and guest articles written by sports law professionals.
- An online philosophy reference work. Articles are authored and updated by experts in the field.
- The Telegraph Herald is a newspaper published in Dubuque, Iowa with coverage online from 1995 - Current. The TH is the primary source of information in the tri-state area of northeastern Iowa, northwestern Illinois and southwestern Wisconsin.
- Notice: As of January 2018, these titles are only available on campus. Please direct concerns to email@example.com.
- Designed for K-12 students. This current events database allows researchers to explore social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today's classrooms. TOPICsearch contains full text for over 139,800 articles from more than 4,800 diverse sources.
- The Unbound Bible is a collection of searchable Bibles consisting of: 10 English versions including the NASB; Greek and Hebrew versions (the original Bible languages); 4 ancient versions; 42 versions in other languages.
- UpToDate is a large online medical textbook containing short, well-written discussion of medical topics in internal medicine, pediatrics, ob/gyn, and family medicine. Review articles are written by experts in the field and are designed to provide a quick way to get up to speed.
- To use the mobile app you will need to register for an account. You can do this by clicking on the "log in/register" link in the upper right hand corner next to "Welcome, University of Dubuque."
- US Major Dailies provides access to the five most respected US national and regional newspapers, including The New York Times and Washington Post, co-exclusive access to The Wall Street Journal, and exclusive access to Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. The titles offer researchers thorough and timely coverage of local, regional, and world events with journalistic balance and perspective. The content is available by 8am each day and provides archives stretching as far back as 1985. This database is available on the ProQuest platform.
- This database provides access to career information including resume and cover letter guides and samples, company and industry profiles, and career advice articles. Sponsored by the Office of Career & Life Services and Diamond Program.
- The collection provides full text coverage for nearly 350 trade and industry related periodicals including American Machinist, Pediatric Nursing, Wireless Week, Drug Store News, Video Business, Reeves Journal, Hotel and Motel Management, Restaurant Business, Advertising Age, and many more. In addition to the full text, indexing and abstracts are provided for over 600 journals.
- With daily circulation of more than 800,000, and over 1.1 million on Sundays, The Washington Post ranks as one of the top five newspapers in the U.S. The Washington Post is known throughout the U.S., and the world, for its hard-hitting style of journalism, coverage from 1977 - current.
- Bibliography of books, documents, multimedia, Web pages, and more from libraries worldwide. More than 49 million bibliographic records cover material from 2100 B.C. to the present.
- Download the iPhone app