A focus on excellent moral character naturally begets practicing ethics in each discipline.
An understanding of ethics provides a firm and common foundation on which to build character. Observing ethics within one's discipline puts character into practice.
At the Wendt Character Initiative, we believe ethics play a vital role in achieving our mission to "foster intellectual understanding of and personal commitment to leading lives of purpose and excellent moral character." For this reason, we offer several resources to help foster ethics in practice:
Ethics for Disciplines
- Character Education - Markkula Center for Applied Ethics
- Ethisphere - Business Ethics
- Science Educator's Guide - Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues
- Video Resources: Ethics Unwrapped - The University of Texas at Austin
- Business Resources: Research Library - Ethics & Compliance Initiative
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- International Center for Academic Integrity
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics - Santa Clara University
- Ethics Unwrapped - The Science of everyday ethics. Made easy, useful, and fun.