The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, and other statutes, expect and require postsecondary information to certain prospective students, community members, employees, and other stakeholders. The following is a list of the required topics and links to the detailed information. If you are unable to access the information below, contact the Student Financial Planning Office to request a paper copy of the information.

Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information

General Institutional Information

Student Financial Assistance

Student Loan Information

Health and Safety Policies

Student Outcomes

Voter Registration

Student Complaint Process

Under 34 CFR 600.9(a)(1), an institution is legally authorized by the State if the State has a process to review and appropriately act on complaints concerning the institution. The Iowa College Student Aid Commission makes that student complaint process available to all students attending schools located in Iowa, and all Iowa residents who attend any school in the United States. A student may file a formal complaint with the Commission using its online Student Complaint Form.

Money Management

The University of Dubuque is committed to providing students with information and resources to help make informed decisions about paying for college, managing their finances while enrolled, and successfully repaying their loans.

GradReady is a free resource that will assist students with learning about many different financial topics including:

  • Paying for College
  • Budgeting
  • Saving
  • Managing student loans

This money-saving, student loan informational site has great videos, tools, and resources to help you be real-world ready.

To get started on your path to financial success go to

For personal assistance with post-graduation planning throughout your college career and beyond, please feel free to contact the University of Dubuque Office of Student Financial Planning.

Student Loan Counseling

Students who borrow under the federal student loan program are required to complete counseling before receiving loan proceeds from their first loan and again upon graduating or otherwise leaving school.

You may select the appropriate counseling session by clicking on the graphic below. If you have recently applied for your first loan at the University of Dubuque, click on "Entrance." If you are about to graduate or otherwise leave school, click on "Exit." If you have any questions as you complete the counseling requirements, you may contact the financial aid office at 563.589.3170, or email

Use the links below to continue your counseling session.