The Wendt Character Initiative promotes excellent moral character and lives of purpose throughout campus through specific programs and campus-wide integration.
The initiative's student-focused programs include:
- Wendt Character Scholars - scholarship students committed to Wendt programming, community service, and practicing excellent character
- Wendt Character Lectures
- Faculty character-project grants - specifically aimed at impacting and engaging students
- Character and ethics library collection
- Character Athlete Awards
- Core curriculum assignments on integrity, justice, and compassion
- Senior Seminar ethics and vocational exploration
- Character integration in the graduate programs
Through these programs, we seek to spread character on campus, and to encourage integrity, justice, and compassion in dialogue and practice within our campus community.